2.15.2005

Half Burger/Half Hotdog: The Hamdog!!!

Ever wondered how you could end your life and go with a smile on your face? Well Chandler Goffin of Mulligan's Bar in Decatur, Georgia created 'The Hamdog' which is a hot dog wrapped in a beef patty that's deep fried and covered with chili, cheese, and onions served in a hoagie bun. If that wasn't enough to clog your arteries - it is also topped with a fried egg and two fistfuls of fries.

In addition to the Hamdog, Mulligan's also serves up the Luther Burger which is a bacon-cheeseburger served on a Krispy Kreme doughnut bun!!!! I am looking for a picture of this bad boy. If ANYBODY has one - send it to me!!!!

If you have sweet tooth, you can try Mulligan's mouth-watering fried Twinkie which is a Captain Crunch-coated Twinkie deep-fried and drizzled with raspberry sauce--YYYUMMY!!!!

Here are some pictures of the Mulligan's Hamdog:






Story Links:
USA Today Story
Dallas Morning News Story
My Way News

This story was submitted by: Tom from Cypress, Texas

9 Comments:

At 6:09 AM, Blogger Daryl said...

Looks great - I would love to see the Luther Burger!

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger golfwidow said...

That slamming-shut noise you just heard was my arteries, just from reading that.

(The hamdog didn't scare me till I got to the bit about the egg.)

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger John Norton said...

Argh, now I'm starving.

 
At 4:00 AM, Blogger Tickles_Tapeworm said...

I swear, your blog gets better by the day :) I am now considering relocating to Georgia.

 
At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't have a picture of the Luther Burger, but here ia a picture of a cheesburger served on a Krispy Kreme dougnut that my friends and I invented before hearing about the Luther Burger. The crazy part is we are from Atlanta--must be something in the water, I guess.

 
At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the most SHINING example of a Luther Burger spin I have seen yet! The image is large so that you can do with it as you see fit.

To see this beast, click here.

 
At 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're on our way to Florida and are planning on stopping for a hamdog. We read a little blurp from you in the Port Huron paper in Michigan. Any good burgers in Florida?

 
At 7:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mulligan's closed two years ago.

 
At 9:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/SamuriaJesus/Luther_Burger.jpg

That's the Luther Burger, in all its glory.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home